- Costa Rica is divided in 7 provinces whereof one is Guanacaste. The provinces are divided into cantons and the cantons are divided into districts with its villages and towns.
- There is Liberia Canton, Liberia District and Liberia city. We refer in this section to the town
- Liberia is the capital of the Province Guanacaste.
- Liberia town has a population of approx. 50’000 people.
- Liberia is also called ciudad blanca `the white city` due to its old colonial houses which were all white.
- The centre of Liberia is very charming since the shops and offices are a bit hidden in the ancient houses, so it is fun to discover what the town offers.
- The Calle Real is a very picturesque street with original colonial houses such as Hotel and Café Liberia, etc.
- Liberia has an all year round economy which makes it a great place for entrepreneurs to settle down.
- Since the Central Valley is getting oversaturated and very crowded, it is expected that the Liberia area will become one of the most emerging regions in the country.
- Its international airport Liberia Daniel Oduber and its strategic location 25 min. from the beach resorts, 1 hour from the border of Nicaragua and on the road of the Interpanamerican Highway to San José, doesn't make this city only interesting for locals but also for foreigners; this is a great place to be.
- There are various gated residential areas in town with nice houses, ideal for families and foreigners who don't spend the entire year in Costa Rica.
- In Liberia one will find many shops and super markets such as peri, super compro, Palí and MaxiPalí, Megasuper, Walmart Liberia etc. There are also smaller shopping plazas, the most popular is Plaza Santa Rosa. In Liberia mall there is a multi-screen cinema 'Liberia Cinepolis', Canton Liberia's only cinema.
- There is a large number of small restaurants in the center with local and international cuisine.
- Toro Negro has a nice terrace to sit and have a drink or enjoy one of its famous steaks.
- Restaurant Jauja has a great happy hour with fantastic Margaritas and offers tasty local and international food.
- Pizza pronto has Italian food and is located in a colonial house with a nice courtyard
- Café Liberia is famous for its crépes and French dishes, a beautiful place in Calle Real
- Taquería Mazatlan in Plaza Santa Rosa is very popular for lunch serving Mexican dishes
- Hotel Liberia is one of the best choices for breakfast, located in Calle Real it has a nice colonial ambience; it is the oldest hotel in town.
- The Green House is a bit outside of town on the way to the airport, it is a preferred place for business people and fine dining.
- Liberia Social Club is a restaurant, wine bar and a great place for cocktails in a nice and modern ambience.
- This is just a selection of Liberia's restaurants of course there are many more you should try. Liberia has also franchise fast food companies such as Burger King, McDonalds, Pizza Hut and others
- Not to forget Cosecha, a fruit shake franchise company and Pops for delicious ice-cream.
- Numerous banks are located in Liberia, four of them in Plaza Santa Rosa (Scotiabank, BCR, Bac San José and LAFISE). Banco Nacional and Banco Popular are situated in the center of the town.
- There is the public hospital and there is also Cruz Roja
- There are various smaller private clinics, laboratories, many doctor offices and dental care centers in town
- The private hospital San Rafael Arcangel Liberia, located in the city center, provides medical services on a very high level.
- There is a good number of hotels in town, Best Western El Sitio, Hotel Las Espuelas and the traditional Boyeros, Hotel Liberia, Hotel Wilson etc.
- Liberia has several universities which makes the city so attractive for families: UNED Liberia, UCR, Universidad Nacional, Universidad de San José, and the relatively new Universidad Latina which is located close to the airport.
Liberia Real Estate and Investment Market
Liberia Services and Offerings